[Gambas-user] no MouseMove() event on GTK

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:44:09 CET 2021

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 17:12, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 16:36, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 16:34, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks.
>>>
>>> Can't figure this one out...
>>>
>>> I've been working on a filemanager with a redesigned IconView like
>>> control.
>>> Hit a roadblock though where my control will not fire the
>>> View_MouseMove() event with GTK.
>>> it's firing View_Draw() as the background image shows from there.
>>>
>>> on qt i can hold left mouse and drag-select multiple icons (the current
>>> bit i've been working on) tried on gtk and discovered MouseMove event not
>>> happening :(
>>>
>>> on QT it's working as expected but not on either GTKs :(
>>>
>>> Any clues why this might be?
>>> Many thanks
>>> BruceS
>>>

> use this archive instead as fixed background image warning on load.

Unless your computer has no /usr/share/backgrounds folder :-\

> Wishing well :)
> Happy Christmas :)

If you're wondering why not just use a FileView or an IconView then ...
My objectives with this alternative FileView/IconView class are thus...

Support the 3 view modes most filemanagers have, Ie. icons / list / details
(still working on details)
Support Drag and drop both ways inside and outside of application (done, i
think)
Support custom menus for individual icons for things like "Open With" (not
worked on that yet but i think as icons are UserControl objects it should
already be possible)
Support .desktop files, display as Launchers and support their Exec
commands and icons (need to work on supporting flags like %u %U)
also support Desktop Actions (right click options for .desktop launchers)
by adding a DesktopFile object the the icons

Just in case anyone is interested :)

Not far off being a full blown gambas desktop application.
I may combine this with my Desktop-ish program (that supports icon
positioning) and refine things a bit for a fully gambas desktop experience
:)
going to work on making it more customizable (like a manager for additional
menu actions depending on filetype/ext)

Wishing well
BruceS