[Gambas-user] Ideas for improving the documentation

Martin Belmonte mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Mon Dec 13 13:49:45 CET 2021

El 13/12/21 a las 13:30, Bruce Steers escribió:
> What's wrong with how it is?
> It currently works along side and integrates with the IDE help system so
> it's format should be preserved.
> Hardly anyone is adding any info there so moving it to gitlab won't make
> much difference.
>
> What the help system really needs is filling out, by us, not re-structuring
> all Ben has done to build it.
Okay, I'm not trying to make the revolution.
What I am trying to do is to correct the documentation, wherever it is,
because, as you know, there are things that are not correct, it is
understandable because it is very tedious and laborious to maintain the
documentation of something like that.
The thing is that I try to enter the site to do it and .... chachan!!!
doesn't work, ergo I can't edit the documentation.
I think that if the documentation cannot be modified (wherever it
resides) by the users, it will eventually become obsolete.
For example in [1] it says that Jessie is the stable version of Debian
and it is not, it is Bullseye.
Maybe the editing system is only available to some users, I don't know,
the thing is that I can't login to modify.
It is very frustrating because, apparently there are two problems on the
one hand the lack of people to do it and on the other hand some
technical issue because those who try to edit (me in this case) can not
do it, even being willing to do it.