[Gambas-user] Best way converting dates into strings forth and back

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:06:58 CET 2021

Benoit, you misunderstand what I mean.

> "12/10/2021 20:27 UTC" is different from "12/10/2021 19:27 UTC", so they
> are not the same date/time.

Of course, but they both are the result of converting the same *local*
date "10.12.2021
22:27" into UTC.

> If you store the same date/time in an UTC string representation, you
> will have the same string, otherwise it is not the same date/time.

Yes, Cstr(CDate("12/10/2021 22:27")) = "12/10/2021 22:27". I know this.
But it solves nothing, because still the second case applies.

> When you use the expression "the same date in UTC", you show that you
> are confusing dates with their string representation.

Of course I meant the same date converted into UTC.

My full explanation of how dates work in Gambas is at:
> https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/date
>
> I strongly suggest that you read it carefully.

Done, many times. Two times again today. It does not say anything about
what I'm talking about.

Jussi