[Gambas-user] Best way converting dates into strings forth and back

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 14:59:13 CET 2021

> You must use CStr() and CDate(), so that you store and retrieve dates as
> a string in UTC format.

That doesn't really help.
Let's say my clock says it's 13:00 and I store it in UTC, which makes it
12:00.
Now, if I restart my program after timezone madness event
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time> then suddenly the
12:00 UTC is interpreted in my computer as something else than what I
originally stored, example 14:00.
Thus that is useful only, if we could avoid the automatic conversions from
the UTC in every case. IE never show the time in a local way.
Otherwise, the time I stored is not the time I tried to store.

Jussi