[Gambas-user] Application.Version of another program

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Thu Dec 9 17:33:24 CET 2021

Don't even remember how many times I bumped into wanting this feature
while writing a programm in Gambas, so I decided to ask:
Is it possible to create such feature, that can easily print another
.gambas program version?
Like

if Application.Version("~/a.gambas") = "0.0.1" then print "pre-alpha"

if Application.Version("~/a.gambas") > Application.Version then
AutoUpdateSub

Would be so much less pain to implement autoupdating software. Not that
I don't have an established mechanism of doing so, but...

Best regards,
Dmitry