[Gambas-user] Gambas and Ubuntu 20.10

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 02:54:05 CET 2021

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 04:14, Thad Taylor <thadtaylor997 at gmail.com> wrote:

> unable to load component: gb.gui
>
> Installed from software library
>
> On 12/5/2021 1:54 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > Le 05/12/2021 à 09:33, Gianluigi a écrit :
> >>

> >> Il giorno dom 5 dic 2021 alle ore 09:23 Thad Taylor
> >> <thadtaylor997 at gmail.com <mailto:thadtaylor997 at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
> >>
> >>     I just upgraded to Ubuntu 20.10 and Gambas will not launch.
> >>
> >>     Thanks for any help

The more detail we can get the more we can help...

Are you sure all gambas files have installed properly?
what happens if you type...
apt search "gambas3*"
(it should list all gambas components and prefix each line with "i" to show
installed packages)

I was going to download ubuntu 20.10 from the ubuntu homepage and see if i
could track down the issue for you but could only find 20.4 or 21.4 and
21.10 but no 20.10 to download.

Are you sure it's 20.10 not 21.10?

I found repo gambas 3.15.2 on ubuntu 21.04 (hirsute hippo) to have issues.
upgrading to stable 3.15.3 fixed it.
See here for installing newer gambas versions than the repo offers...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu
(using the PPA method is the easiest way)

*sudo apt-get remove "gambas3*"sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:gambas-team/gambas3sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install
gambas3*

BruceS