[Gambas-user] How to use MessageView when closing a form?

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 20:37:39 CEST 2021

On Sat, 2021-08-28 at 18:08 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
> Something like this was my meaning...
> https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1189
>
> A built in feature like that in gambas could be an answer to your
> repeated.. "you shouldn't do that in an event handler" statement.
> you could finish it with "Use this command instead..."
>
> Respects
> BruceS
>
> Ps. (Sorry bruce for the post hijack)

No probs, I learned something!

In fact, the solution we used was "don't do that in an event handler"
and just changed where the form was closed to, as you suggested, to the
messageView handlers. Personally, i don't particularly like the
MessageView approach but that is what the co-op wanted, so c'est la
guerre.

"If at first you don't succeed , try it differently." is going up on
the wall beside the "RTFM then RTFM" sign.

bruce

p.s. Moving right along, we are having a group hack of the gb.report2
component this week. Should be fun!