[Gambas-user] PictureBox

Jerry Betzer j.betzer at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 16:12:30 CEST 2021

Apologies in advance if I have selected the wrong address for this e-mail.
I am a novice Gambas user and even more novice member of this user list.
I am looking for help working with the PictureBox class.  I got off to a pretty quick and easy start displaying my images (.jpg files) but I am having difficulty fitting my pictures within the picture box container in a proportional way.  Per the gambaswiki.org/comp/gb.qt4/picturebox link it looked like I should use the "Mode" attribute (specifically PictureBox1.Mode = PictureBox.Contain).
When I run my program I get the following error:
unknown symbol "Mode" in class "PictureBox"

My OS is:  Linux Mint 18 'sarah'
'cinnamon 64 bit'

cat /etc/os-release yields:
NAME = "ubuntu"
VERSION = "16.04 LTS (Xenia Xerus)"

Gambas version:  3.8.4

Code snippet:
Dim strMyString As String
strMyString = FileChooser1.Value
PictureBox1.Picture = Picture[strMyString]
PictureBox1.Mode = 3

NOTE:  I have tried substituting PictureBox.Contain for the magic number 3.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Jerry