[Gambas-user] Security, how to check if a library is genuine?

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Fri Aug 20 02:57:52 CEST 2021

>Thursday, 19 August 2021, 05:39PM -07:00 from Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>:
>How the user can know the application is genuine?
>Jussi
I think you can restrict the app to specific directories that can be accessed using app armor.
--
Thanks
Brian G
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 9:29 AM bb <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am working on a non-intrusive authorisation method to see if a user

is allowed to run an application. In order to do so they must belong to

a specific hardcoded group.

It is (currently) implemented as a library. So the actual library

"could" be replaced by a user with another library that just returns

true.

So, does anyone have a good idea how the application could check

whether "authlib" is the genuine library?

tia

bruce

----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----