[Gambas-user] Security, how to check if a library is genuine?

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Aug 19 21:29:57 CEST 2021

Question if your library and application, have secure permissions, and the app knows where it and the lib  should be,
is it really a problem?
Could the system use and have configured app armour/SELinux or the likes?

If some one could replace your library, then perhaps they have root permissions and could therefore replace any security based library down the line.... Or just take the info the app is accessing, or just give themselves the correct group permissions......

Maybe I don't really understand the problem well.

"Failure is the key to success;
 each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G