[Gambas-user] DBus.Unique failing on KDE and Cinnamon

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 13:51:28 CEST 2021

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 11:32, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have this application...
> https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/glaunch
>
> It uses DBus so if it is run when already running it opens the running
> apps window and not run again.
>
> It is the same as in my Desktop-ish app
> https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/desktop-ish
>
> For some reason Desktop-ish works as expected and sets up
> org.gambas.Desktop_ish.
>
> But glaunch sets up org.gambas.glaunch and if i run it again it sets up
> org.gambas.glaunch-<id-number>
> bug is happening on KDE and Cinnamon
> it is okay on MATE and Gnome

I'm not sure of the problem but i can report this...
I think it has to do with one app using systemtray

The 1st instance of glaunch sets up org.gambas.glaunch
DBus.Name returns org.gambas.glaunch
glaunch dbus application contains the usual introsect, etc and org.command
(my interface)

The 2nd instance of glaunch sets up org.gambas.glaunch-<ID> (ID is a number)
DBus.Name wrongly returns org.gambas.glaunch
glaunch dbus application contains the usual introspect, etc and org.command
(my interface) and also a kde.statusnotifier

aah, result..
i just fixed it by adding DBus.Unique = True to the programs _init()
function.

BruceS