[Gambas-user] Distributing a package for a non-gambas/programer end user

martin p cristia tercoide at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 23:38:58 CEST 2021

So I am finishing a piece of software and was trying to deploy a release
in Git, just for initial testing. Then I made the .deb and tried to run
it trough the Ubuntu Software manager in a new and clean system
installation. It refused to install it due to lack of dependencies.

Inspecting the .deb found that no gambas binaries are in there, and
Ubuntu didn't ask permission to install them prior to my program.

Am I doing something wrong?

Or the .deb works only in a system with the correct gambas runtimes
already installed???

--

Saludos

Ing. Martin P Cristia