[Gambas-user] File_Read() doesn't work

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:29:34 CEST 2021

> I have fixed the interpreter so that read watch are automatically
> disabled on end of file only for pipes, process and standard input streams.

Thanks, it seems to work now!

> Beware that it does not read the contents of a string, but a Gambas string
> binary format, and it fails.

I'm aware of that. It actually writes the string in two ways (Gambas way
and just the bytes). Not sure what happened when I initially looked at it,
but the old code was actually correct. Somehow the tmp file content was
corrupted or I did something weird. Anyway all works now as expected.

Jussi