[Gambas-user] DBus oddity with startup application.

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:41:24 CEST 2021

Hi all,
I am using the following command to shutdown the computer...

Try DBus["system://org.freedesktop.login1"]["/org/freedesktop/login1",
"org.freedesktop.login1.Manager"].PowerOff(True)

the function exists in an application i have running in my "Startup
Applications" (with a 5 second delay)

the odd thing is ,  At ANY time i try the function from the application run
at startup it fails.
It says Unknown Interface but the DBus.System.Applications lists as existing

If i close the application and re-launch it the function works as expected
!?

any clues as to why being run as a "Startup Application" fails to find the
interface?

PS. the shutdown function is not run at runtime. I have to press some
buttons so the DBus login1 thing should be well awake by then.

Can i Reset/refresh the DBus.class?
or does anyone know of the reason and know of a fix?

Cheers folks :)
wishing well
BruceS