[Gambas-user] tracking down toolkit erors

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sun Aug 8 03:37:09 CEST 2021

Bruce replace your _new with this code

Extern dup2(OldFD As Integer, newfd As Integer) In "libc:6"
Static Dummy As File
Static Public Sub _init()
dummy = Open "/dev/null" For Write
dup2(dummy.Handle, 1)
dup2(dummy.handle, 2)
End

Should give you what you want without all the fiddle

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G