[Gambas-user] using 2>redirect with Exec?

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sun Aug 8 03:39:05 CEST 2021

Hi bruce,

Just notices this new thread

Replied to the other one but here it is again

Add this to the startup class of you application

Extern dup2(OldFD As Integer, newfd As Integer) In "libc:6"
Static Dummy As File
Static Public Sub _init()
dummy = Open "/dev/null" For Write
dup2(dummy.Handle, 1)
dup2(dummy.handle, 2)
End

No need for any other fiddles

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G