[Gambas-user] gb.compress.zlib

Tobias Boege tobs at taboege.de
Fri Aug 6 10:56:11 CEST 2021

On Fri, 06 Aug 2021, Nuna Yabiznez wrote:
> There seems to be absolutely no documentation for gb.compress.zlib.
> Can someone give me some guidance on where to find such things as methods
> and properties, and how to invoke them?

gb.compress.zlib and gb.compress.bzlib2 are both "drivers" that the
interface component gb.compress can use. So look at the gb.compress
documentation (in particular Compress.Type and Compress.Open).

This is the same as with the database interface component gb.db and
its drivers gb.db.sqlite3, gb.db.mysql, gb.db.postgresql, etc.
gb.db provides a uniform interface and the drivers implement it for
specific databases. You have no documentation for gb.db.sqlite3
because it is the sqlite3-specific version of gb.db.

Best,
Tobias