[Gambas-user] File_Read() doesn't work

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:28:54 CEST 2021

> The bug should have been fixed by commit
>
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/a7a249543ec1e5d137755dfbb0059087c21b7c96
> .

Still a problem or does my code have yet something odd..?
See the attachment.

And probably related issue; I don't understand how this has worked for so
many years:
tmp = ""
Seek #hWatchFile, 9  <-- Seek to the last byte.
Read #hWatchFile, tmp <--- tmp is string.

And magically the tmp variable contained "test". How!???

Now it is:
tmp = ""
Seek #hWatchFile, 5  <-- Seek to the string.
Read #hWatchFile, tmp <--- tmp now contains "test" as it should.

Any idea why this worked? My brain is a bit rusty. I haven't touched
computers for a while.

Jussi