[Gambas-user] New packages on the stable PPA

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:58:40 CEST 2021

Le 29/04/2021 à 20:17, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :

> This might be OK. The accuracy of timers (especially without RT kernel)
> is not strictly determined (or at least AFAIK).
> Now, when we expect to get 0.01s (or 10 ms) with tolerance of +-5 ms. It
> rarely fails, but sometimes it does.
> It seems the accuracy follows somewhat gaussian distribution. Maybe this
> test could be improved.
>

> Jussi

Beware that the timer resolution depends on the event loop that depends
on the GUI component.

At the moment there are four event loop implementations:

- The default one in the interpreter.
- The Qt4 / Qt5 one.
- The GTK+2 / GTK+3 one.
- The SDL one.

As making the gambas3-selftest project depends on a GUI component, you
can't test the interpreter event loop, which should have the best
resolution, because there is no GUI event loop overhead.

Benoît Minisini