[Gambas-user] Send data to the process

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 22:38:08 CEST 2021

Il giorno sab 24 apr 2021 alle ore 21:30 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <
mckaygerhard at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> El sáb, 24 de abr. de 2021 a la(s) 14:04, Bruce Steers (bsteers4 at gmail.com)
> escribió:
>
>> There's probably a better way to do it simply using myApp2Process_Write()
>> but i don't know that way sorry.
>>

> due the only case of one app to the bus-app the myApp2Process_Write() is
> the fastest and most optimized way.. the most compatible is the socket for
> multiple ones..
>
> http://gambaswiki.org/edit/lang/exec
>

>> Anyone else?
>>

>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 at 18:29, Ivan Kern <ivan-kern at freenet.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>> I would like some help.
>>> I have two gambas apps, for example,
>>> app1.gambas and app2.gambas. I start app2 from app1 as a process.
>>>
>>> myApp2Process = SHELL app2.gambas as "myApp2Process".
>>>
>>> app2 runs in the background.
>>> After that I can receive the feedback with:
>>>
>>> Public Sub myApp2Process_Read()
>>> End
>>>
>>> But what I need is also send the commands to app2 and get appropriate
>>> feedback. For example.
>>> app2 "multiply 2x2" and get 4 as feedback. Can anyone give me a hint on
>>> how to do this in app2. A small example would be nice.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Ivan

I'm not sure I understand your question.
If you try to make two Gambas applications communicate with each other I
would recommend you to use DBus, here you can find an example on the
Italian wiki:
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Inviare_dati_da_un_programma_Gambas_ad_un_altro_mediante_le_risorse_del_Componente_DBus

More generally see:
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Guide_della_comunit%C3%A0#Trasmissione_di_dati_fra_due_programmi_Gambas_o_fra_un_programma_esterno_ed_un_programma_Gambas