[Gambas-user] Gambas-dev? (vs gambas-devel)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:09:27 CEST 2021

On 4/22/21 5:59 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Why not "devel-tools"? But now I want to be sure that this is something standard, otherwise someone will complain for another
> distribution, and God knows how many of them they are.

FWIW, there appears to be no standard on openSUSE. I just did a package search for "devel-tools" and "dev-tools". I got
development tool results for both queries.

`zypper se devel-tools`
S | Name                  | Summary                                                   | Type
--+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+--------
   | v4l-utils-devel-tools | Utilities for v4l2 / DVB driver development and debugging | package

`zypper se dev-tools`
S | Name            | Summary                                                      | Type
   | libevdev-tools  | Library for handling evdev kernel devices                    | package
   | libsmdev-tools  | Utilities for reading storage media devices through libsmdev | package
   | xfce4-dev-tools | Xfce Development Tools                                       | package

It appears it's the developer's choice.

--
Lee