[Gambas-user] Packaging problems with X11 and Wayland

Herberth Guzman herberthguzman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:46:19 CEST 2021

Some distros use the suffix "dev" and others "devel", these packages means
that they are used to compile because they includes header/static files
like in C.

However in gambas placing "gambas-devel" would then conflict with the
packages in RPM based distros like fedora and centos, thus both packages
names would be wrong for many distros and their naming scheme rules.

Also we must provide transitional packages for upgrades ..