[Gambas-user] Update for Gambas safe now?

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:53:39 CEST 2021

Le 19/04/2021 à 17:33, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> On my Ubuntu 18 and 20 systems, an update for Gambas is offered. I
> followed the discussion on the new Gambas version here. Can I install
> it? Is it safe now? I installed it from gambas-team ppa.
>
> The Ubuntu 18 is with Mate, the other one is a Kubuntu 20. Both are
> production systems, but the 18 is more important. Breaking Gambas
> functionality would mean breaking several essential applications.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

The next one should be safe (it's mainly for running the IDE with
GTK+3). I will create it tomorrow if everything is ok.

Anyway, generally, you should be careful when upgrading a production
system with any new version of any language, library or software!

I try to never do that in my job. :-) Upgrading a dependency is like a
new version, so it should be followed by a pre-production server and
some tests.

Benoît Minisini