[Gambas-user] Issues related to Frame

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:51:11 CEST 2021

Le 16/04/2021 à 12:41, Safiur Rahman a écrit :
> Hi
>
> 1) Upto gambas 3.15 Frame had no Alignment property and was always
> aligned to left. So in gambas 3.16 the default alignment of frame
> should be Left.

No, this is entirely decided by the underlying toolkit and widget theme.
Some widget theme decide to center the frame label by default, some
others make it user-configurable, and so on. Now it is explicit.

> 2) The children controls of frame in gambas 3.16 have been pushed
> downwards. Thus the controls in bottom part of frame are not visible
> in older gambas qt5 applications (compiled in gambas 3.15) and we have
> to forced to rearrange the contents of all frames for new gambas
> version.

Indeed. The bug was that you could put controls on the frame, which was
not a good idea. But for backward-compatibility, I can do the same weird
thing.

--
Benoît Minisini