[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.16.0

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Apr 15 17:44:35 CEST 2021

Am 15.04.21 um 14:22 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> The 3.16.0 has been tagged on gitlab, and there are binary packages
> available in the "Gambas Stable PPA" for Ubuntu 20.10 and 21.04 (older
> Ubuntu packages are being built), so that you can test it.
>
> Report any problem before I make the release official.

My software breaks here:

'DocumentView.AutoCenter is not a property'

It was renamed to 'Center'. When I grab the pickaxe and look for changes
in DocumentView I find also:

'Column' is now 'Columns', 'Row' has been removed ('Row').

Such changes break existing software without need. At least old
interfaces should be marked as deprecated before, the old names should
be synonyms of the new ones if possible and the authors should be given
time to change their software.

I for myself have no problem to change my software accordingly but I
think of the reputation of Gambas as a stable language.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
[x] nail here for new monitor