[Gambas-user] Compilation hangs on QT4 with Ubuntu 18.04.

d4t4full at gmail.com d4t4full at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 04:07:35 CEST 2021

(again top posting from my cell)

It was the damned "-j" in make that caused the hangs. It even hung later in the compile-cicle when I disabled QT4 as Bruce suggested.

On a wild hunch, I took the "-j" away and restarted compilation with "./reconf-all", "./configure -C --disable-keyring", and plain old "make". Everything went smooth. Next I "sudo make install" and I now have G3 working from sources.

Brought my old ODBC Tester project back to the VM and connected successfully trough the Internet to a MSSQL server in the office.

I'll try to see what's wrong with MDB under ODBC this weekend, but it seems to have to do with mdb-tools apparently not supporting cursors. Cursors is what I used to get row count.

I developed some time ago a very basic isql-like app in C using what I learnt from Gambas-ODBC. It also fails retrieving data from MDB and AccDB files, yet it works correctly with MSSQL, SQLite, and Firebird.

Again, foul play is suspected from the driver, maybe cursors are all that is missing.

If i get this other app to work with Mdb/Accdb files without breaking the rest, I may be able to make it work on Gambas.

Regards,
zxMarce.