[Gambas-user] UDPSocket.Broadcast property ...

Hans Lehmann hans at gambas-buch.de
Thu Sep 3 10:00:45 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have problems understanding the UDPSocket.Broadcast property. In the
net I found "UDP broadcasts can be used to allow client and server to
find each other in a subnet without first knowing which hosts they are
running on. For this purpose the server opens a socket that listens on a
certain port. The client can then send a UDP broadcast on this port to
all hosts in the subnet, to which the server can respond. "

Now the exciting question: How do I implement this approach in Gambas
with a UDP client?

With kind regards

Hans