[Gambas-user] Ouch, TextEditor just ruined my script :(

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:15:22 CEST 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 19:47, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Not sure I understand what you mean by re-formatting. Just adding
> indentations..? But that shouldn't ruin anything..?

Not to mention...
EVERY single variable assignment that in bash must not have a space eg.
VAR="Value" , it put a space in to make VAR = "value"
EVERY "if" statement that MUST have spaces after the [ and before ] , it
removed those spaces.
EVERY string that wasn't enclosed in brackets got adjusted somehow.

String changes like this for example all over the place...
Ways To avoid this are For the script To pause And await your signal To
Continue before this command Is Run.
(Notice the Capital letters on the words To, For, And, Continue and Run)

a few occurrences of this
((CNT++))
became this...

silly little hardly noticeable , minor changes eh?
but almost ALL of them become a syntax error.