[Gambas-user] Ouch, TextEditor just ruined my script :(

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:06:35 CEST 2020

I have an app called JumpEd
Basically a text editor that lists functions on the side.
works for gambas files , C files bash scripts etc.
It lists all the functions and clicking them jumps to them in the editor.
the Gambas IDE does a similar thing.

Anyway it has options to select the "Highlighting" mode
I was on a test system and using the app and noticed i hadn't set a
highlighting option so i was just selecting through them as it was a bash
script and sh isn't in the list so trying to the the best compromise.

Settled on C , closed the app and saved my changes.

Without realising selecting the "Highlight" mode to "gambas" on the
TextEditor completely "formatted" the entire bash script gambas style !!!

I thought setting the "Mode" on a texteditor did formatting not the
Highlight

Personally , right now , i don't bloody think it should.
My scripts going to take some serious repair.
I'm off to bed.