[Gambas-user] Shell and exit no longer return control to the calling class - ever

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 12:34:07 CEST 2020

> I forgot to add, this i after the latest commits. What verdion are you
> using, the commit tag would be helpful.
> ( I've alos just done a major update to this system so there may be some
> newer system libraries that are causing this.)
> ...and.. I have just noticed that the IDE itself is leaving lots of
> processes running when it exits as well. Regardless of whether the
> projects that were opened had shells's or execs in them.  And I had a
> lot of gardening scheduled today, sigh.)
> tia
> bruce

Thought i'd better check this out as i have a few progs that use shell and
exec.
So i loaded up my GrubHack prog (via the IDE)
pressed the button that lists my drives (uses Shell command)
Closed the app. everything seemed normal.
App closed, IDE debug/console view closed by itself.
(that does not happen if for example i assign a process pointer and don't
kill it before exit)

And i just made a test app with the same commands you listed and it all
worked okay just as expected.
the print , printed and the ls listed and the app closed okay.

Might be a problem on your end Bruce.