[Gambas-user] Shell and exit no longer return control to the calling class - ever

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 07:25:53 CEST 2020

On 18/10/20 2:32 pm, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> On 10/17/20 11:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Says it all really.
>>
>> Public Sub Maini()
>>
>>    Shell "ls -l"
>>    Print "Hello i'm back"
>>
>> End
>>
>> Never comes back and says hello.
>> After exitting the IDE there is still a process running.
>>
>> :-(
>
> It works fine here.
>
> "Hello i'm back" is printed prior to the "ls -l" output since there is
> no Wait specified.
>
> With:
> Public Sub Main()
>
>    Shell "ls -l" Wait
>    Print "Hello i'm back"
>
> End
>
> The output is as one would expect, and I find no 'orphan' process.

Lee,
I forgot to add, this i after the latest commits. What verdion are you
using, the commit tag would be helpful.
( I've alos just done a major update to this system so there may be some
newer system libraries that are causing this.)
...and.. I have just noticed that the IDE itself is leaving lots of
processes running when it exits as well. Regardless of whether the
projects that were opened had shells's or execs in them.  And I had a
lot of gardening scheduled today, sigh.)
tia
bruce