[Gambas-user] Gambas setup compile and install script.

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:29:07 CEST 2020

> I could make a "Debug" or "report" type mode. where if user if having

> > problems it can run non-interactively outputting all data to a log file.
> >
> > Or a message if a command fails showing the user the failing command and
> > telling them to type into a terminal the usual way the gambas wiki
> > instructs to to get the output you want.
> > I'll see what i can do.
> >

> I don't think it needs to be that complex, here I just always output the
> lot to output.txt then it's there if I need it.

I just discovered the 'tee' command and one of it's uses :)
Now, regardless of what text shows in the terminal ALL output gets directed
to $HOME/gambas-compile-install.log
All the "vital" commands are run through an imaginatively named function
called VitalCommand() so i added 'tee' to it to send output to a file as
well :)
Shimples :)