[Gambas-user] Compiling latest commits (Debian10,Raspbian)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 03:03:54 CEST 2020

Hi all.
I've spent a whole lot of hours and a whole lot of mobile data doing this
for everyone as i figured , someone had to as it hadn't been done since
2017 :)

I've updated the info on the wiki pages for compiling the latest commits on
both Debian and Raspian (Buster) as best as i can, just missing a couple of
things (see below).  close but not quite there, needs some expert
adjustments.

I installed fresh new operating systems on both a Debian pc and a Rapberry
PI4
Images:
Debian *debian-live-10.4.0-amd64-mate*
Raspian *2020-08-20-raspios-buster-armhf.img*

i Ran *apt-get update* and *apt-get full-upgrade* on both and installed
nothing else.

I then installed the dependencies which are as best as i can get them by
copy-n-pasting from the lists i've edited on the wiki pages.
http://www.gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/debian#t17
http://www.gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/raspbian#t20
They are very very close but just not quite right darn it . working except
the following..

Neither one installed a system menu item for Gambas3 I had to manually add
one.

Debian.
Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gnome-keyring-1
gb.desktop.gnome.keyring is disabled
gb.openssl is disabled
All else is okay

Raspbian.
Unable to met pkg-config requirement:Qt5WebEngineWidgets
gb.qt5.webview is disabled
All else is okay.
(qtwebengine5-dev is not available on raspbian)

Like i say i've spent hours on this as the raspberry is slow as hell. and
my phone just alerted me i've used 75% of my data and it's like, the 11th :(
So i'm done, someone else can add the finishing touches now.
I've got it best i can and am obviously missing something and could
possibly have added something that's not needed.

Apart from the listed components gambas compiles and installs fine on both
(apart from the menu item).
BruceS