[Gambas-user] Making changes to the IDE

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:45:31 CEST 2020

Hi all.

I thought i'd try and make an edit , a practice run if anything.
I'd seen someone ask about changing the Balloon background and foreground
colours so i thought that'd be a simplistic place to start.

So what i did....
Loaded up in gambas IDE the gb.form component from the "comp" dir and found
the Balloon.class and FBalloon.class and form.

Added the Property Background and Foreground and event handlers for them to
Balloon.class.
I added the properties just under where the Font property was and did
everything the same as the font but using Color instead of course.
gave FBalloon.class a couple of Public variables FGColor and BGColor.and
added a way for it to be either settable or use the default Tooltip colours.

But I'm stuck :'(
I compiled all in gb.form and made the exe
I then compiled gambas3 again
I then did another "make"
then i did a "make install"

Can't seem to see the added properties Background and Foreground that i put
just under Font , but i can see Font of course.

Anyone know my obvious mistake (but not too obvious to me) ?

Thanks in advance
Bruce Steers