[Gambas-user] Question to controls

Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas gambas at cd-bahia.com
Sun Oct 4 14:06:47 CEST 2020

Hi,

I have some textboxes on a form.
To simplify some actions I wanted to use a virtual control defined as

*Public ctrl As Control*

On each of the textboxes I make f.ex.
*
**Public Sub DA_nachname_GotFocus()**
**  ctrl = DA_nachname**
**End**
*
I thought, when I have set this, I can use all properties of the current
control. Especially I wanted to use the value or text.
But that does not exist, either *ctrl.Value* nor *ctrl.Tex*t. Most other
properties though, but those doesn't help in this case.

Also, is there a better way to catch the current control without naming
it? I did not find in the docs I searched.
As f.ex ctrl=control.current?

I don't want to need all the theory of OOP, I only now and then program,
but want to make it easier though.
(Already retired)

Thanks in advance
Dag