[Gambas-user] Fwd: a lot if crashes

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:08:10 CET 2020

Le 25/11/2020 à 20:01, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> It's safe to say LinuxMint simply does not comply with how you're
>> doing things with GTK3 (no errors in QT IDE)
>>

> I will make a Mint VM to look at that.

Note that to make a usable Gambas GTK+3 component, I have to do a lot of
horrible hacks and workarounds.

For example, you noticed that hitting CTRL+V inside the search box
triggers the current editor menu shortcut instead of the textbox one, as
anyone would expect. This is done -by design- by the GTK+ developer, and
you will find a lot of complain on the internet about that.

Fixing that stupid behaviour inside GTK+ source code is just a matter of
swapping four lines of code. Outside of it, i.e. inside the gb.gtk
component, it becomes a hack.

These are these kind of hacks that I suspect.

Benoît Minisini