[Gambas-user] using search crashing ide (sometimes)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:52:21 CET 2020

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 18:05, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If it is freeze rather than crash, then try to open the IDE in the IDE and
> then use the search function there. That way you can see where it freezes.

Tried it, the launched IDE locks up and does not release, I have to force
quit it and not get any error messages/clues.

I found some anomalies i reported to Ben where when the menu glitch is
occurring the IDE seems to be running the wrong function Control_MouseUp()
in app/src/gambas3/.src/Editor/FFmain.class while in error a breakpoint
catches the running in that function. if i Ctrl-C or use the copy function
in system info to fix the glitch then the menu pops up and the function
Control_MouseUp() does not run (no stopping at breakpoint)

This i think is getting to the root of the problem. i find that difference
in function call particularly odd.

> I haven't seen it happening. Do you mean the search box in the hierarchy
> tab?

No the main search box in the form designer toolbar

Jussi