[Gambas-user] shell highlighting on non beta gambas

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:32:29 CET 2020

The answer to all my problems :)

>> TextEditor is being a pain though.
>> if i can get working shell highlight in my editor across versions i'm
>> happy.
>> gotta include gb.eval.highlight too, i think my mistake was migrating in
>> the controls from a newer gambas, had issues with an unknown command. I
>> will study it further.
>>
>> But loving this solution, it stops me getting people to install a custom
>> components into their gambas ;)
>>
>> Thanks again :)
>> BruceS

I figured out importing the texteditor :) my editor now supports shell
highlighting internally and other fixes even on gambas 3.12 :)
i'm so happy :)
Thanks again.

Just remember Gambas is really really powerfull and under understrand ans
> under estimate 😁. But part of the fault is the lack of hands and time. But
> for sure for me it will be the linux tool of my life .. near to 20 year
> now.. arf

Yes i completely understand and agree. I found Gambas many years ago (was
gambas2 then) and was saved as far as programming goes. I'd been on window$
using VB before that. Gambas i found wasn't as good as VB, it was better,
way better. :)

I wish i could help more with the lack of hands/time but i fear my
knowledge just isn't good enough.
Alas my eagerness to help outweighs my ability to :(
All I can help with is the simpler things i think. Little adjustments
I do what i can and what I think is for the better for all (and me)   :)

Wishing Well
BruceS