[Gambas-user] GridView Refresh under Mate

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:12:48 CET 2020

Le 23/11/2020 à 16:04, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> Am 23.11.20 um 15:01 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>> Le 23/11/2020 à 11:05, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>>> As far as I could see, under Ubuntu Mate (18.04) the GridView doesn't
>>> refresh automagically as often as under KDE.
>>>
>>> Is that correct? I have several screens, and when I return to a
>>> screen with a Gambas program including a GridView, it will keep its
>>> old state until I click into it or actually do anything with the
>>> program and Refresh is called. Under KDE each time the screen
>>> appeared or another window changed within the screen, GridViews would
>>> call their Data loop.
>>>
>>> This was sometimes too much and kinda annoying, but you could at
>>> least be sure the contents was always up-to-date.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to force this behaviour, or would it be wiser to
>>> include a Timer with a Refresh call?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Rolf
>>>
>>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>>
>> It's a bug, but I need a project that reproduces it.
>>

> Ok... I will try to make a short digest of the project. It runs within
> the data scope of our school, so I cannot copy the data it handles. Or
> would the pure code help alreay?
>
> Regards
> Rolf

I just need a project that reproduces the refresh bug, otherwise I won't
be able to do anything, as I have never seen such a bug on my own computer.

You have to call the GridView Refresh method explicitely only if the
GridView contents comes from the Data event, and when you have changed
the associated data.

But maybe you are doing something weird...

And of course I need your system information, especially which version
of Gambas you run with which toolkit.

Benoît Minisini