[Gambas-user] Merging with confidence

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Nov 22 01:13:47 CET 2020

Am 22.11.20 um 00:36 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

>> It actually works quite well and so much easier and better than doing it
>> the hard way.
>> It is good.
>
> Ah, sorry I didn't try it out. Then it's ok! :-)

Ahm ... but I would prefer to clone the (own) Gitlab fork to the
computer at home, create the feature branch there and then push it to
Gitlab. And after that create the merge request.

Because you can't test your changes without Gambas. You know, one wrong
character and your code is broken.

If you really want to participate in the development of Gambas, you
should first understand Git.

And you have to be careful. It's not like playing around with your own
programs. It is much more bureaucratic. And rightly so. Because one
mistake has the potential to destroy many programs around the world.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur