[Gambas-user] Compiling latest Gambas

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:01:17 CET 2020

On 19/11/20 10:22 am, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> I did find qtwebengine5-dev, I think the problem is solved.
>
> Jussi
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 1:38 AM Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I always get this:
>>
>> I have libqt5webenginewidgets5 installed, but I can't find -dev for it.
>> What I need to install? Or is this problem with configuration?
>> I'm using Linux Mint 20.
>>

>> Jussi

Yes, I have seen a few distros that are using these strage hyphenated
package names. I think it is just another trick to make it hard for us.

When I am faced with that situation, i.e. a missing pkg-config file or a
missing library file, when compiling something from source, I usually
revert to using http://rpm.pbone.net/

regards
bruce