[Gambas-user] Making an app gtk/qt switchable

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 05:35:36 CET 2020

Hi BruceS,

>> I don't know if this can be useful...
>> as you can see from the attached image I have two launchers that I
>> created like this (I don't know if this is a correct procedure, but in
>> Ubuntu 20.04 it works):
>>
>> First I created the launcher in my home>
>> .local/share/appications/gambas3.desktop with written:
>>
>> [Desktop Entry]
>> Version=1.6
>> Encoding=UTF-8
>> Name=Gambas3
>> Type=Application
>> Exec=/home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/gambas3.gambas
>> Terminal=false
>> Icon=/home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/img/logo/logo-ide.png
>> Comment=Applicazione
>> NoDisplay=false
>>

>> I ended up with two launchers that I added to favorites.
>>
>> That's all
>>
>> Regards
>> Gianluigi

With your information I've now made an entry like this and copied it to my
panel.
Now i can right click the launcher and select an alt GUI :)
Can do the same for my app too :)
Cheers

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Gambas3
Exec=gambas3
GenericName=Gambas 3 IDE
Comment=Gambas3 Integrated Development Environment
Icon=/usr/share/icons/gambas3.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Development;IDE;