[Gambas-user] Making an app gtk/qt switchable

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:07:04 CET 2020

Il giorno sab 14 nov 2020 alle ore 20:35 Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Greetings all.
> I'm trying to set an arg/option in my app to choose gui system.
>
> I've added an arg --gui with options gtk gtk3 qt4 or qt5.

Hi BruceS,

I don't know if this can be useful...
as you can see from the attached image I have two launchers that I created
like this (I don't know if this is a correct procedure, but in Ubuntu 20.04
it works):

First I created the launcher in my home>
.local/share/appications/gambas3.desktop with written:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.6
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Gambas3
Type=Application
Exec=/home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/gambas3.gambas
Terminal=false
Icon=/home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/img/logo/logo-ide.png
Comment=Applicazione
NoDisplay=false

Then I changed it like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.6
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=GambasQT
Type=Application
Exec=env GB_GUI=gb.qt5 /home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/gambas3.gambas
Terminal=false
Icon=/home/gian/gambasdevel/app/src/gambas3/img/logo/logo-ide.png
Comment=Applicazione
NoDisplay=false

I ended up with two launchers that I added to favorites.

That's all

Regards
Gianluigi