[Gambas-user] QT and KeyPress

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 14:17:55 CET 2020

Hi all
I have a QT specific problem i'm wondering if there is a work-around for.

With my macro recorder in my text editor.

The scenario...
I record a macro and in the macro somewhere i press F3 (the hotkey to
search)
then once recorded i press F7 to play the macro.

The differences....
GTK
on gtk pressing F7 works fine, if F3 was the second macro stroke recorded
it searches at that point then all the other recorded keys get sent.

QT.
qt on the other hand seems to be locked in the F7 Keypress routine and
playing the macro pressing F7 will send all the keystrokes but then the F3
search hit will function until *after* all the keys are sent.
this does not happen if i select the play command from the menu with the
mouse, just on F7 keypress.
and does not happen on GTK at all, all works okay.

Is there a command like (if i remember right) VB's Do_Events() (been a
while since i've used vb but i remember a command like that that would run
any waiting events during a function)

Any advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
BruceS