[Gambas-user] Couldn't help but laugh, most of you will understand. - Now about other things

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 12:12:23 CET 2020

> Trouble for me is i use gambas a lot, not just the IDE i've made a bunch
> of custom apps for my own needs from managing git repositories to
> managing gambas projects to my own text editor, etc.

On my wish list is ability to have multiple versions of Gambas able to
be spun up and run at same time, preferably a base "stable" version as
supplied from the distro's official repo and then multiple built from
source versions of Gambas. I can do similar with some other apps by
specifying the folder it was built in and sometimes with passed
parameters for differing support (e.g. tesseract training data) and it
helps in supporting different environments and consumers and for
sometimes trying to debug issues.

I had a go at compiling Gambas trying to falsify the v3 as v4 (purely
for own local consumption for above reasons) but it always seem to look
for some dependency either labelled as 3 or in location where the v3
install was. I ended up giving up on that for now.

K.