[Gambas-user] Couldn't help but laugh, most of you will understand.

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:47:25 CET 2020

On 14/11/20 4:23 am, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 13/11/2020 à 18:48, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>>
>> But also, like i said , it's not just the IDE, after compiling the
>> latest commit none of my apps worked (that i need to use menu's)
>> and my text editor with the key macro recorder is now GTK only as
>> gambas Key.Code values only match keysymdef.h defs on GTK not QT.
>>

> This is not guarantee to be true all the time. You should really create
> a conversion function for that, otherwise your program may break in the
> future!
>
> Regards,

Whih may be the reason why Big-B-Brucey's editor/recorder appeared to be
totally useles when I tried it as I have no gtk libraries installed here.
Interesting though, I have never had a problem with the Gambas Key
mappings even though I have several modmaps between the heyboard and the
gambas layer. Then again I've probably needed Key access in about
0..0002% of our code base, which at last count was approaching 500k lines.

regards
bruce (the original and best)