[Gambas-user] Postgres : Connection.Tables

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:59:50 CET 2020

On 1/11/20 8:47 am, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> The "table type" has actually nothing to do with whether the table is a
> view or not, but is related to the storing engine used. It's a MySQL
> thing, and afaik PostgreSQL stores all tables the same way.
>
> The concept of table view must be introduced in another way that does
> not exist at the moment.

Ah, I see now. "Type" is the "name of the storage engine format" for the
table and is as you say a mysql/mariadb specific concept.  That's kind
of sad in terms of that selection of the property name "Type" is such a
generic term. Sad, but I'll guess we will just have to live with it.

My delay in following up this thread is because I "had a good idea" and
thought I could write a "gb.pg_direct" component that could be used
instead of the constrained gb.db component. Sadly, it appears that I am
no that good at writing C code, even with the help of the "Writing a
native component for Gambas" article that Tobias wrote way back when he
was a young man.

I will persevere but I can only spend aout two hours a day in front of a
computer screen now as it is just too much eye strain.

regards