[Gambas-user] Can gambas preserve my argument lists please?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:59:44 CET 2020

Hi benoit

I have a desperate plea....

I test my apps on various different drives i have with various different
gambas versions.
the oldest being a Debian with 3.12 , I have linux versions will all
default repo versions and compiled or ppa installed versions, some master
some stable.

anyway..

I have a problem with the bug you fixed that caused a lesser version gambas
than 3.15 to fail to load a project because you changed the CurrentArg
settings datatype from an integer to a String[]

The fix was good and changing the name of the variable "CurrentArgument" to
"CurrentArgumentList" works, now an older gambas does not get the error.

The problem is you also changed the "Arguments" setting to "ArgumentList"
but that was not broken and did not need fixing. The change has caused a
problem though.
Now if i load a project saved in 3.15.90 into any other gambas it kills my
Arguments list and it's still gone when loading again in 3.15.90. :(

Could you please restore the "Arguments" variable name to fix this problem?

Many thanks.
BruceS