[Gambas-user] where's a projects form width/height settings stored?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:39:54 CET 2020

Hi all.
I've been thinking about seeing if it's possible to make some kind of
gambas script file maker.

Or less a maker and more a converter that can read a basic gambas project
source made in the IDE and generate a working script file.

Could be a good/quick solution to backward compatibility issues with small
projects as a gambas script doesn't version check so no bytecode error
(unless there's actual bytecode errors but at least it will try :) )

Class files should be easy enough just adding a few "Use" commands.
(I just discovered a problem with Application.Path/Args[0] though)

Forms though , bit trickier.
Mostly looked like something i might be able to manage, converting a
projects .form file lines into "New" statement to make the GUI.
All the info seemed to be there but then...

First hurdle to stumble at was finding somewhere the numbers that matched
my forms width and height settings?

or does the forms initial MoveScaled() setting make the form the right
width but do not reflect the numbers? (never used Movescaled so no idea
what it's for)
tia
BruceS