[Gambas-user] Request for new property z-order of the DesktopWindow, object

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri May 29 11:34:12 CEST 2020

Am 29.05.20 um 10:47 schrieb John Rose:

> Screenshot was already cropped as I saved only part of the
> screenshot using Ubuntu's Screenshot app. It was smallish i.e. png
> with size 221kB. I don't use GIMP for simple activities like cropping
> as I always feel daunted by it! I prefer to use Shotwell (Image)
> Viewer for cropping as it's so much simpler than GIMP. I've resized
> the image using the Resize addon to Nautilus.

The readability suffers from resizing! Better is to crop it and you also
can save it as PNG with smaller color count.

With PNG-24 it is quite large, but if you save it as PNG-8 it becomes
much smaller so that a screenshot on my computer with 1916x1150 pixel
needs about 90kb which I could post to the mailinglist without problems.

Look, I've attached a screenshot from Gimp's 'Save-for-Web' dialog,
which does that easily.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--